MeniereGroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a forum for people who suffer from Meniere's disease & similiar disorders

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Keywords
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Symptoms

Go down 
AuthorMessage
woodstock
Admin
woodstock

Symptoms Empty
PostSubject: Symptoms   Symptoms EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:38 am

NOTE. as i understand it vertigo is one symptom of meniere's. I'm making an educated guess that you can have an attack of vertigo and just suffer from vertigo or you can have meniere's of which vertigo is one symptom. Sometimes my attacks are followed by an anxiety attack(not always) and am having that treated as well. Whether you have meniere's,vertigo or another balance disorder you are welcome here. There is very little out there re Meniere's. It's why i made it the main focus-plus the fact that i have been diagnosed with Meniere's myself. Have a darned good idea of what it's about.If you have a similar disorder feel free to join!! You're contributions will be just as helpful.
SYMPTOMS:
Drop in hearing
Pressure in the ear
Ringing or roaring in the affected ear
Vertigo
Severe vertigo or dizziness is the symptom that causes the most problems. People who have vertigo feel as though they are spinning or moving, or that the world is spinning around them.

Severe nausea, vomiting, and sweating often occur.
Symptoms get worse with sudden movement.
Often, the person will need to lie down.
The dizziness and feeling of being off-balance will last from about 20 minutes to a few hours.
Hearing loss may occur. Usually the hearing loss is only in one ear, but it may affect both ears.

A person’s hearing tends to recover between attacks but gets worse over time
Low frequency hearing is lost first
Roaring or ringing in the ear (tinnitus), as well as a sense of pressure in the ear are common
Other symptoms include:

Diarrhea
Headaches
Pain or discomfort in the abdomen
Nausea and vomiting
Uncontrollable eye movement
SOURCE:pubmedhealth
Back to top Go down
https://meniere.board-directory.net

Symptoms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum